1989 TVR TUSCAN CHALLENGE RACE CAR
- Red, RHD
- Only 3 in North America
- 1 of 43 built for the TVR Tuscan Challenge Series, was also raced in the European FIA GT Race Series, (1992 at SPA)
- Lightweight fiberglass bodywork over a tubular steel chassis
- Rare factory hardtop
- Rover/TVR 4.5 liter dry sump engine
- Quaife 5 speed transmission
- Engine freshly rebuilt by Twin Cam Sportscars of Sarasota, FL "0" hours, since rebuild
- Koni race shocks
- 18" Wheels
- Ceramic coated headers and exhaust system
- New Fuel Safe fuel cell, fuel pumps, and braided stainless steel fuel lines, just installed
- Stack electronic dash
- Updated rear carbon fiber diffuser, and lip spoiler
- Set up for air jacks
- Excellent overall condition
- A very unique and fast race car that could be used in Historic Racing or track days
This 1989 TVR Tuscan racer was originally built by the TVR Racing departmentfor the one make TVR Tuscan Challenge Series in the U.K. It was run by the factory as one of the Shell sponsored cars, in thefirst couple of years of the Tuscan Series. Chassis # TC-89-325.
It was then sold to the Belgian TVR importer and races by Team A. van Ierschot, (now Dakar Team 2001), from 1991 to 1995. Bought by Antoine vn Reet in 1997 and the car was then raced in Germany and Belgium by Antoine van Reet/Marc Bervoets. Sold by the Coys Auction in 1999, to a car collector in England, who was going to convert the car for road use, but lost interest. Purchased by a collector in 2000 and shipped to Canada, where is was used for few Time Trials.
Many of the Tuscan Challenge Series car have been converted for road use or written off in the race series. There are very few of these cars remaining in race trim.
It is in very good overall condition, but it has not been raced in a number of years. There is no evidence of crash or accident damage, on this car. This Tuscan has a factory made lightweight hard top, which was added for GT racing. It is still fitted with the proven and reliable 4.5 liter TVR Power all aluminum Rover V8 race engine, so parts and spares are readily available. This TVR was FIA-GT certified in Europe, so it is eligible for many historic and post historic racing series.
Vehicle wieght is listed at 825 kg, (about 1815 lbs.), and the engine is rated at about 400-425 HP. . It has a cross bolted all aluminum engine with 4 double downdraft Dellorto carbs, with ceramic coated headers and exhaust system.
It is fitted with a Stack dash and electronics.
Factory performance figures from 1989 were 0-60 in 3.7 seconds, 0-100 in 7.6 seconds and 0-130 in 12.7 seconds
For more information please contact us.