1997 Acura NSX-R GT-2 - #11 of 11
Factory built by famed race car constructor TCP –Thompson Prototypes (McLaren F1/Ferrari F1/Porsche 962/Ford Rally/Honda Rally/Royal Society Motor Sport) of Northamptonshire England.
This is one of the original "Works" factory race cars.
Chassis 11/11 is the last car built before Honda ended the NSX racing program and has all the updates from entire $10m program.
-Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona 1999 co-driven by Arnold-Gregg-Sifton-Stitt
-Sister Car won its class at the 24 Hours Le Mans 1995 and was 3rd 24 Hours Le Mans 1994
-Test cars (chassis 1/11 and 2/11) were developed by Kremer Brothers 1994
-Original NSX concept consulting by F1 Champion Ayrton Senna.
- Carbon fibre monocoque constructed inside and bonded to the factory seam welded chassis – Honda’s use of this revolutionary technology caused the rules to change to disallow any use of carbon fibre in chassis –
- Hewland 6 speed sequential gear box, just rebuilt with -0- hours
- Comptech developed 3.0 V6 derived from championship winning Parker Johnstone/Camel Lights and PD Cunningham/SpeedVision World Challenge programs
- Includes 1 race engine, which is disassembled and one spare block and heads.
- The original HPD developed engine was leased from HPD, and had to be returned.
- Extensive wind tunnel testing at Mira
- Dynamic sim table developed F1 damper program
- AP Racing 6 pot MMC calipers
- Speedline center-lock magnesium wheels with spares
- Full carbon fibre bodywork and under tray
- Many spares and gear sets
- Includes 2 spare sets of extra race wheels
Note: This is the actual car which was modeled and featured in the Microsoft X Box Game Project Gotham! Very Cool!
-Completely Original Factory carbon fiber monocoque constructed inside and bonded to the factory seam welded chassis
-Factory Hewland 6 speed sequential gearbox, (rebuilt)
-Factory developed Comptech/Mugen 3.0 V6 (includes the Mugen six individual throttle body intake)
-Dynamic sim table developed F1 damper program
-AP Racing 6 pot MMC calipers w/Titanium Pistons
-Speedline center lock magnesium wheels, (with spares)
-Original Carbon fibre bodywork and under tray
-Original Honda Factory paint scheme
-Original Honda NSX TCP Signed Factory OMP carbon fiber seat
-Original Livery (complete with factory spares)
-Complete Manual including
- original parts manual
- production photographs
- program photographs
- wiring diagrams
- test data, etc.
- -Microsoft X Box Forza Video Game Modeling Stills
This Honda NSX race car will require some work to complete the assembly. It has not been run since the 1999 Daytona 24 hour Race. The engine is removed and disassembled but the Hewland gearbox is rebuilt. The car is rolling. The body and chassis are in excellent condition with very little use, It has only done 1 race!
It is the last produced, and probably the best Factory NSX-R Race Car available anywhere, for any price!
Includes many rare spare parts. Also includes some of the
NSX-R GT-1 parts from the 3 cars which were destroyed by the factory.
This would make an excellent Historic Race Car or an important addition for any collector of Honda Racing History.